How much does this counselling service cost?
Counselling costs vary from therapist to therapist within the Kingston area. In the Kingston area – prices tend to be between 120.00 -150.00 per hour. We keep our price affordable to help clients ensure that they get the help that they need at an affordable price. Services are covered by some insurance companies, and you will be given a full receipt at the end of every appointment which can be used as a tax credit or for insurance reimbursement.
I’ve never been in counselling before. How do I do this?
The process is really quite easy. Read through the following steps to get started.
1. Read through this website and see if you think that you might feel comfortable working with us.
2. Go to the ‘Contact Us’ page and submit your information.
3. Within 48 hrs you will receive a call (or email) from your counsellor. Take your time and ask all your questions in this intake conversation.
4. If you feel that you would like to begin counselling, the counsellor will schedule an appointment with you.
When will my appointments start?
You can usually be seen within the week.
What happens if I don’t like my therapist?
Counselling is about you. If you don’t like your counsellor, we can arrange for you to find another! These issues are not taken personally. We want you to be satisfied.
Is it possible to arrange an appointment on behalf of someone else?
Kingston Counselling knows there are times when you need to get help for someone close to you in your life.
Contact Us and we will guide you through the process.
Will my counselling be kept confidential?
We adhere to the strictest guidelines of ethics set out by the OCSWSSW and/or the CRPO. You can trust that we will never share you information with anyone without your permission. You can also trust that you will always be treated in a fair and respectful manner.
Read more about our code of ethics.
Fees & Payment Options
Kingston Counselling is competitively priced. Our goal is to serve Kingston with a more effective counselling solution, and part of that is maintaining a fair pricing structure.
Our fees are presented to you in a transparent and accessible way.
Contact us to find out more.
Our services are covered by most insurance companies. The organization that you work for decides your group policy and therefore not all policies under the same provider have the same coverage. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not allow us to verify your coverage on your behalf. You can usually find this information online or you could call your provider prior to your appointment to ensure coverage. At the end of each appointment, you will receive a receipt from your counsellor. You’ll be able to present that receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursement. It’s the client’s responsibility to know if such receipts are acceptable to your insurance company. Be aware that some insurance companies only cover a portion of the cost of counselling,
Counselling services are NOT covered by OHIP.
Before your appointment, contact your insurance company for details on your coverage. Be sure to verify the following:
- What counselling services are covered by your policy. (This is usually found under psychology services. (ie: social work, psychotherapy, psychology, etc?)
- Who is covered, per person and per family.
- If the insurer pays a set amount per visit, a portion of the fee per visit, or a total amount independent of sessions.
- If session length is an issue.
- If you need a physician’s referral.
- The procedure for reimbursement.
Accepted Payment Options
We are able to accept the following payment options: